Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 3.15 Build 257 (created March 15, 2023).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Dark mode is now also available on Windows 10 or 11 PCs. Match! uses the system "color" setting for its display. To switch over to dark mode, please adjust the following setting accordingly: Start menu > Windows Settings > Personalization > Colors > "Dark".
- New command line parameter "reset_all_settings" can be used to reset all Match! settings (incl. reference databases) to their factory values. This may be useful if Match! crashes at program startup due to incorrect settings or problems with the current reference database.
- When exporting an indexing solution (cell and space group) from the "Indexing Results" window to a CIF-file, the reflection data (_refln_index_h, _refln_index_k, _refln_index_l etc.) are now also written, in addition to the peak data (_pd_peak_d_spacing and _pd_peak_intensity).
- [macOS] Match! for macOS now requires at least macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" (or later).
- Several issues have been resolved:
- Due to a bug, Match! could not be installed on several Linux distributions.
- Opening a diffraction data file where the file name contained 2-byte characters could cause Match! to stop working or crash.
- A bug that caused Match! to run both the evaluation as well as the licensed version in parallel when installing a license file at program startup of the still valid evaluation version has been fixed.
- Due to another bug, CIF-files that contained "data_"-statements inside multiple line information blocks (framed by ";" characters) could not be read.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.