Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 3.12 Build 211 (created September 24, 2021).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- When using the command "File / Export / Reference pattern (peaks)", a new file format "Peak list (2 columns: 2theta I) (*.dif)" is now available. After selecting it, you will be asked to confirm or enter the wavelength that is used for the calculation of the 2theta values. This can e.g. be useful if the reference database entry pattern was calculated using a different wavelength than the one that is currently set in your document.
- New command "Pattern / Decrease resolution..." decreases the resolution of the experimental diffraction pattern. This is achieved by averaging the intensity values of a user-defined number of raw data points.
- Scripting has been improved, by adding several new commands for controlling Match! using a batch script file:
- export_profile_data_2theta_I(filename, wavelength) exports the current experimental profile diffraction pattern as a 2-column ASCII text file (2theta vs. intensity), using wavelength for the calculation of the 2theta values from the given d-values.
- set_y-axis_scaling(scaling); scaling = "IREL", "CTS", "LOG_IREL", "LOG_CTS", "SQRT_IREL", "SQRT_CTS" sets the scale of the y-axis (intensity axis) to relative intensities ("IREL"), absolute intensities / counts ("CTS"), logarithm of relative intensities ("LOG_IREL"), logarithm of absolute intensities / counts ("LOG_CTS"), square root of relative intensities ("SQRT_IREL"), or square root of absolute intensities / counts ("SQRT_CTS").
- trim_pattern_left(2theta) crops the diffraction pattern on the left-hand side at 2theta.
- trim_pattern_right(2theta) crops the diffraction pattern on the right-hand side at 2theta.
- increase_resolution(factor) increases the resolution of the experimental diffraction pattern by 'factor', by inserting interpolated data points. 'factor' must be an integer value between 2 and 10.
- decrease_resolution(number) decreases the resolution of the experimental diffraction pattern by averaging the intensity values of 'number' data points. 'number' must be an integer value larger than 1.
- subtract_background_zero_negative subtracts the background, then sets all negative intensity values to zero.
- remove_pattern(index) deletes the additional experimental pattern 'index', where 'index=1' is the first additional pattern above the main ("anchor") diffraction pattern, 'index=2' is the next but one etc.
- subtract_from_pattern_below(index, use_relative_intensities, negative_intensities_treatment, SampleID) subtracts the additional experimental pattern 'index' from the pattern "below" (in the pattern graphics).
- add_to_pattern_below(index, use_relative_intensities, SampleID) adds the additional experimental pattern 'index' to the pattern "below" (in the pattern graphics).
- scale_pattern_counts(index, factor) multiplies all absolute intensity values (counts) of the experimental diffraction pattern "index" (index=0: anchor pattern; index > 0: additional pattern) with 'factor'.
- export_profile_data_index(index, filename) exports the experimental diffraction pattern 'index' (index=0: anchor pattern) into a 2-column file 'filename' as d vs. intensity.
- export_additional_profile_data_2theta(index, wavelength, filename) exports the experimental diffraction pattern 'index' (index=0: anchor pattern) into a 2-column file 'filename' as 2theta vs. intensity, where the 2theta values are calculated from the d-values using 'wavelength'.
- A severe bug affecting the adding of new entries to the current reference database (causing a corruption of the reference database) has been fixed.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.