Match! Update Page
In order to make sure that your Match! software is always "up-to-date", you should visit this
page from time to time, especially if you have deactivated the "Automatic
Online Update" option.
The current version is 3.0.1 released September 21, 2015.
If you are still using an earlier version
(which can be checked by selecting "About Match!" from the "Help" menu), we
strongly recommend to update to the current version. This can easily be
achieved by performing the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux 32-bit and 64-bit) from the
Download page, and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
- An import interpreter for TXRD export text files has been implemented.
- The direction of the mouse wheel zoom has been reversed.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- If a "mixed" wavelength like Cu K-alpha was used, the Miller indices (hkl) were not displayed in the pattern graphics.
- A bug causing the default wavelength not to be applied when Match! has just been started has been fixed.
- Peak correlations in the pattern graphics could be mixed up due to a correponding bug.
- A bug in the peak searching code sometimes causing peaks to be not detected has been fixed.
- A bug preventing Match! batch script files (*.mbf) from being run has been fixed.
- The value of the FullProf parameter Cthm (monochromator polarisation correction) has been corrected.
- Some library files were missing in the Linux installers.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.
Enhancements in version 3.0.0
- New entries can now be added to the reference database straight away, without using the
User Database Manager or the need to create new index files in the Reference Database Library.
The new entry data can be imported from a cif-file and/or edited manually.
- User-configurable automatic Rietveld refinement: Parameter sequence sets for up to 10
subsequent refinements can easily be created, stored and recalled later on.
- New user level "Rietveld" that runs all steps automatically, incl. identification of the matching phases
and Rietveld refinement. All the user has to do is to select the raw diffraction data file to be analyzed
and wait a few seconds until the phase analysis report is displayed.
- New specimen-displacement correction for asymmetric geometry
- New toolbar button for "Batch" processing options
- Order of buttons in the "Search-Match/Select entries/FullProf" toolbar has been rearranged so that
it is now more logical from left to right.
- New menu "Database" now contains all commands related to the reference database
- Manual has been reworked and reorganized.
- The update subscription model has been introduced.