Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 3.14 Build 236 (created August 11, 2022).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- There is a new "Composition" tab available where the current composition is displayed as a pie chart (optionally for phase or elemental composition or both).
- We have verified that Match! works with all upcoming ICDD PDF Release 2023 database products.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the wrong method used for quantitative analysis is shown in the report: If you have used Rietveld refinement for quantitative analysis, Match! nevertheless mentions the reference intensity ratio (RIR) method.
- The silent uninstallation of Match! is now possible by running the command \unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
- [Linux version only] A work-around for a bug affecting the display of the data sheet and report on Ubuntu 22.04 has been implemented.
- The graphics option settings "Display peak positions and relative intensities" and "Display 'Amounts (%)' in legend" were not read from Match! document files (*.mtd).
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.