Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 22.214.171.124 (created June 13, 2018).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- [Windows version only] If a new PDF database has been installed on the PC, Match! will detect this at
program startup and ask the user if he would like to index and use it straight away.
- [Windows version only] New menu command "Database/Check for new PDF databases..."
- It is now possible to use FullProf for pattern calculation if only crystal structure data
but no raw/profile data are present. At least one entry containing full crystal structure
data must be present in the match list.
- New shortcut Ctrl+< (Cmd+< on the Mac) for "Previous zoom"
- New shortcut Alt+K for "Add peak(s)" command/dialog
- Mixed wavelengths Ni Kalpha, Mo Kalpha and Ag Kalpha have been added to the corresponding dropdown boxes.
- New file format "2theta vs. intensity (2 columns)" for "File/Export/Peak data"
- In the pattern graphics, more lines with peak positions and -correlations can now be
displayed below the actual diffraction pattern.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- A bug causing a crash of the Match! program if a FullProf calculation was not successful
(R_Bragg = NaN) has been fixed.
- A bug affecting the availability of the "Strip alpha2..." command has been fixed.
- Due to a bug in the indexing code for PDF-4 databases, some entry data (like origin
choice, cell volume, color or Pearson code) were not available/used in Match!.
Note that re-indexation of the PDF-4 reference database is required in order to really fix this problem.
- Due to a bug, atoms may have been missing in the crystal structure data (parameter
list) of PDF database entries. In order to fix this problem, a reindexation of the
corresponding PDF database using Match! 3.6.2 (or later) is required.
- The alpha2-stripping did not work in case of Ag Kalpha radiation.
- We have fixed a bug that caused problems (and sometimes even a crash of the program)
when correcting the wavelength if match list entries were present.
- Several bugs in the calculation of the integrated profile areas has been resolved.
- When modifying the peak intensity using the mouse in the pattern graphics, the intensity
sometimes seemed to "jump".
- Peaks could not be marked by clicking on the peak positions in the pattern graphics
if the background curve was displayed.
- Exporting of the candidate or match list to a pdf-file caused an error message "Cannot
find HTML information/file to be printed.".
- A variety of bugs affecting the User Database Manager have been fixed.
- A large variety of minor bugs has also been fixed.