Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 22.214.171.124 (created July 12, 2017).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Indexing (unit cell parameter calculation) from marked peaks using Treor or Dicvol
- [Windows version only] Structure solution using Endeavour
- New command "File/Import/Crystal structure (CIF)"
- New command "Peaks/Import from file" adds peaks from a 2-column-, Stoe peak data or
PANalytical UDI-file to the current experimental pattern
- A new button "Auto select" has been added to the "Crystallite Size Estimation" dialog,
using which the automatic selection of peaks for being included in the average crystallite
size estimation calculation can be triggered.
- The 2theta values of the peaks can now be displayed close to their top in the pattern
graphics, just like the d- and hkl-values.
- Special versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit as well as Windows XP/Vista have become available.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, modifying e.g. the peak intensity in the pattern graphics using the mouse
caused the calculated profile and/or the peak intensity to drop significantly.
- A bug in the calculation of the initial scaling parameters for the Rietveld refinement has been fixed.
- Some bugs affecting the update of the crystallite size table if e.g. peak data or selected
phases have changed has been resolved.
- Due to a bug, excluded ranges were deleted e.g. when loading a document file or running the "Undo" command.
- An issue affecting the selection of the FullProf directory on Mac OS X has been resolved.
- Several minor bugs have been fixed as well.