Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 18.104.22.168 (created February 22, 2018).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Refinement of atomic coordinates has been removed from the automatic Rietveld refinement
schedule due to frequent convergence problems.
- When running indexing calculations with Dicvol, the "monoclinic" crystal system option is
now active by default in the "Dicvol parameters" dialog.
- You can now display the reference database library also by clicking on the database label in
the status bar at the bottom of the Match! window.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- A bug affecting the printing of the report using the menu command "File/Print/Report" has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, the Dicvol result file was not read correctly in some cases, causing
invalid peak correlation information in the table of peak data (indexing results dialog).
- The peak intensities copied from indexing into a new manual entry in the match list were
not shown (and could not be edited) in the "Edit manual entry data" dialog.
- Some bugs affecting the calculation of profile data from imported peak list data have been resolved.
- It was not possible to exclude pattern ranges if e.g. the left border of the selected
range was too close to zero degrees 2theta.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.