New Match! version 3.12 Build 210
August 10, 2021
Today we have released the new version 3.12 Build 210 of Match!, our software for phase analysis using powder diffraction data. Basically, the new version provides improvements for crystallite size estimation. In addition, all currently known bugs have been fixed.
You can get an impression of the improvements in this screen shot of the 'Crystallite size estimation' window:
Here is the full list of improvements in the new version:
- The command "Crystallite size estimation" has been moved from the "Tools" to the "Quantify" menu, in order to reserve the "Tools" menu for the application of external programs (e.g. FullProf, Endeavour).
- When calculating the crystallite size, you can now include (or exclude) all peaks of a certain phase with a single click, by using the new "phases list" on the upper right-hand side of the "Crystallite size estimation" window.
- In the table of peaks in the "Crystallite size estimation" window, lines in which the sample peak width is smaller than the broadening caused by the instrument (according to the selected standard) are now marked in bold red color, in order to point the user to the potential problem.
- Only peaks that have been used in the crystallite size estimation calculation are displayed in the corresponding table in the report.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- The label of the button "Run FullProf" in the "Parameter Turn-On"-dialog did not show the correct text if the "Automatic refinement" option was active.
- A bug that affected the marking of peaks in the pattern graphics as well as the opening of the context menu (when pressing the right mouse button) has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, the tables of "peak range" restraints (on the "Restraints" and "Add. entries" tabs) were not checked for duplicates and were not sorted as well.
- A bug affecting the update of the index files when adding new entries to the current reference database has been fixed. The bug caused problems e.g. when searching the modified reference database. Please note that any affected reference database needs to be re-created in order to resolve this issue!
- A few minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should check their update permission time (e.g. in "Help / About Match!") and then
download and install the new version 3.12 Build 210 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.