New Match! version 3.11.2
November 25, 2020
We have just released a new Match! version 126.96.36.199 in which we have implemented several improvements and fixed all currently known bugs.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- The elemental composition (amounts [weight-%] of the identified crystalline phases) can now be displayed, e.g. for comparing it to XRF result. The elemental composition is displayed in the tooltip of the Match list as well as in the report. It can also be displayed by running the "Quantify / Elemental composition..." menu command.
- There is a new search-match parameter called "Penalty for missing reference peaks". It is available on the Search-Match page of the Options dialog in the "Numerical parameters for figure-of-merit (FoM) calculation" section. Using this parameter (slider) you can put more (or less) weight on the numerical impact of a reference pattern's number of peaks that cannot be correlated to experimental peaks.
- If you are using a combined reference database (e.g. the default COD in combination with the PDF or your own data), you can now apply the data origin as an additional restraint on the "Subfiles" tab.
- The background determination has been improved.
- The meaning of the ICDD PDF quality mark characters (like '*', 'C' etc.) is now displayed in the tooltip of the corresponding field in the Candidate list.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- When importing entries e.g. from CIF-files into the User Database Manager, the automatic assignment of entry numbers sometimes did not work properly.
- Additional diffraction patterns could have been imported with a 2theta-shift if the wavelength used was not equal to the default wavelength.
- An issue regarding the input of unit cell angle values on the "Expert" tab of the Rietveld "Parameter Turn-On" dialog has been fixed (values like "105.6" were rounded to "106").
- Due to a bug, a part of the experimental peaks in the pattern graphics was displayed in grey color if the scaling of the intensity axis was set to "Counts (cts)", "log(cts)" or "sqrt(cts)".
- If 2-column raw data files were imported as additional experimental patterns, the data may be cut-off on the right-hand side of the diffraction pattern if the range of the anchor pattern was larger.
- [Linux version only] An issue that entry data could not be exported e.g. to cif-files has been resolved.
- [Linux version only] The Match! program icon was not shown in the task bar and task switcher.
- Some minor bugs have also been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 188.8.131.52 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.