New Match! version 3.8.1
July 5, 2019
We have just released a new Match! version 3.8.1.
The new version provides new functions regarding user databases, some minor improvements as well as bug fixes.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- Using the new menu command "Database / Add entry(s) to user database" (also available in the "Entries" menu as well as in the candidate list's context menu) you can add the currently marked (or all) reference database entries from the current answer set to a user database file. Please note that ICDD PDF and ICSD entries are not copied.
- New menu command "Database / Add peaks to user database" (also available in the "Peaks" menu as well as in the "Pattern" menus of additional experimental patterns) adds the current experimental peak data as a new entry to a certain Match! user database file (*.mtu).
- New menu command "File / Combine / Combine user databases (*.mtu)" (also available in the "Database" menu as well as in the User Database Manager) combines several user database files in one new file.
- New menu command "File / Combine / Combine answer set files (*.mta)" creates a single Match! answer set file from several user selected mta-files in a certain directory.
- New batch script command "export_peak_data(filename, format)". Available formats:
Please take a look at the online help for details.
- DDIF2: Peak list (2 columns: d-value I) (*.dif)
- THDIF2: Peak list (2 columns: 2theta I) (*.dif)
- DDIF3: Peak list (3 columns: d-value I FWHM) (*.dif)
- THDIF3: Peak list (3 columns: 2theta I FWHM) (*.dif)
- PKS: Stoe peak data (*.pks)
- The dialog "Estimate crestallite size using Scherrer's formula" can now be resized.
- The maximum number of entries that can be displayed in the candidate list has been increased to 100.000 (instead of 1.000), with a new factory settings default of 10.000 entries (instead of 200).
- Match! has been verified to run on the upcoming macOS version 10.15 "Catalina".
- Match! has been modified to work with the upcoming release 2020 PDF database products from ICDD.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [Windows version only]: A bug due to which creating a new reference database by clicking on the "Create" button in the reference database library caused a false error message "Unable to load ICDD PDF database library 'oemstartup.dll'." to be displayed if no ICDD PDF database product was installed has been fixed.
- Due to a bug, Stoe raw data files could not be imported under certain conditions.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 18.104.22.168 from here.
You may have noticed that the new version is only available for 4 different operating systems,
while previous versions have been available for 6 of them. The background is that we have
united the two Windows 32-bit versions because of simplicity, with the new 32-bit version
being able to run from Windows XP to 10. The Linux 32-bit version has been dropped because
we have the impression that most Linux users are running the 64-bit version by now.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.