New Match! Version 3
August 31, 2015
The next version 3 of Match!, our software for phase identification from powder diffraction data, has been
released today. The first major improvements are:
- New entries can now be added to the reference database straight away, without using the
User Database Manager or the need to create new index files in the Reference Database Library.
The new entry data can be imported from a cif-file and/or edited manually.
- User-configurable automatic Rietveld refinement: Parameter sequence sets for up to 10
subsequent refinements can easily be created, stored and recalled later on.
- New user level "Rietveld" that runs all steps automatically, incl. identification of the matching phases
and Rietveld refinement. All the user has to do is to select the raw diffraction data file to be analyzed
and wait a few seconds until the phase analysis report is displayed.
- New specimen-displacement correction for asymmetric geometry
- New toolbar button for "Batch" processing options
- Order of buttons in the "Search-Match/Select entries/FullProf" toolbar has been rearranged so that
it is now more logical from left to right.
- New menu "Database" now contains all commands related to the reference database
- Manual has been reworked and reorganized.
- The update subscription model has been introduced.
The update to Match! version 3 is free-of-charge for all customers who have purchased any previous version (1 or 2)
of the Match! software after August 1, 2010 (only shipping costs must be paid if required). Please
register here for your free-of-charge update!
Updates for Match! version 1 customers who have purchased their license before August 1, 2010 are available
at reduced prices.
All updates include a free-of-charge update subscription for three years.
Along with the new version, Crystal Impact has switched over to a subscription model
for updates, replacing the current "major/minor update model". With the new model, you can still use your
Match! software/license as long as you like (if you have purchased
a permanent license), just like it has been with the previous "major/minor update model".
The major change in the new model is that all updates and new
versions that are released within a certain amount of time (called your "subscription period") are available for download and installation
free-of-charge, even if major improvements have been implemented. Updates of versions that
are released after your subscription period has expired cannot be installed and run.
If you would like to use these more recent versions, you have to purchase an extension for your subscription.
More information about the new subscription model as well as some frequently asked questions and their answers are available here.
Continuing Support for Match! Version 2
After the release of version 3, Match! version 2 is still supported, i.e. we will provide bug fix releases
if required as usual. However, new functionality and improvements will only be implemented in the new Match! version 3.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about the new Match! version, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured demonstration version (that runs for 2 months) free-of-charge.