New Match! version 2.4.1
February 23, 2015
The new version 2.4.1 of Match!, our software for phase
identification from powder diffraction data, has just been released. The new version is
basically a maintenance release providing the following improvements and especially bug fixes:
- Title, radiation source element and hkl-values are now written to Stoe PKS files
- A new chapter "Searching for Entries (Restraints and Additional Entries)" has been added to the Tutorial
Handbook. In this chapter, the searching for specific phases/entries as well as the usage of selection
criteria for restrainting and adding of specific entries are explained.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- A bug causing incorrect (too low) counts and amount (%) values of individual phases in the "Calculate profile integrals"
dialog has been fixed. The problem became apparent if at least one of the selected entries/phases contained peaks only in a narrow 2theta range or only up to low 2theta values.
- Double-clicking on a diffraction data file on Windows opened the Match! program, but the diffraction
data file was not imported.
- The code for the import of 2-column raw data files (either "2theta intensity" or "d-value intensity")
contained a bug that caused a smoothing of the raw data in certain circumstances.
- If you load a document that has been created using a different reference database than the
one that you currently using, the following "Restraints" and "Additional entries"
criteria are now reset automatically: entry number, original entry number, quality marks and subfiles.
- A couple of minor issues has been fixed as well.
Match! version 2 users should
download and install the new version 2.4.1 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Match!, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.