New Match! version 2.3.3
September 23, 2014
A new version 2.3.3 of Match!, our software for phase
identification from powder diffraction data, has been released today. The new version provides
the following improvements:
- It is now possible to perform the specimen displacement correction using the mouse wheel:
Simply keep the Shift-, Alt- und Ctrl- (Cmd on the Mac) buttons pressed, then turn the
mouse wheel up or down (similar to zero point correction using Alt- and Ctrl-button).
- You can now export and import the current settings and options to/from a file using the
corresponding new commands in the "Tools" menu. This can be helpful e.g. in order to
transfer your favorite settings to another computer.
- If (semi-)quantitative results are present in a Match list column, they are now also
displayed in the legend of the diffraction pattern graphics.
- The memory usage has been optimized, improving the handling/usage of large
reference databases like the PDF or the full COD.
- A new import filter for XPowder (*.plv) files has been added.
- The new version has been verified to run on the upcoming Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite".
In addition, a variety of bugs has been fixed:
- Printing was not possible on Windows 7 and 8 64-bit systems.
- A bug causing large memory consumption and "run-time error" messages during
Search-Match/FoM-Update calculations has been fixed.
- Several bugs affecting specimen displacement correction (some in combination with Rietveld
refinement) have been fixed.
- There was a bug in the alpha2-stripping code that caused an overcompensation in some cases.
- The import of Rigaku raw data files was affected by an issue that caused the wavelength
to be always set to a monochromatic value (e.g. Cu K-alpha 1) even though a alpha 2
contribution was also present.
- Due to a bug the setting of the option "Experimental range only" could not be made
permanent. Each time a new diffraction pattern was imported or a new document
created, this option was reset to its factory setting.
- Several bugs affecting the permanent storage of settings and options have been fixed.
- A bug affecting the command "Load as experimental" has been fixed (automatic color selection)
- The modification of the quantitative amounts in the Match list using the mouse wheel or
keyboard did not work as expected.
- The manual modification of the intensity scaling factors using the mouse in the
diffraction pattern was affected by a bug.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 2 users should
download and install the new version 2.3.3 from here.
In order to fully resolve the crystal system restrainting problem mentioned above, it may be necessary
to run a new reference database indexation in the "Reference Database Library".
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Match!, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.