In case of trouble when using Match!, please pay attention to
the following hints:
- If you do not know how to operate in a dialog window, carefully read all information in the
window. Make sure that you understand the meaning of the buttons, input fields, lists, etc.
Look at the way several functions are grouped into frames and read the frame titles, too.
- Press the F1 key and examine the context sensitive help text. Especially read the item mentioned under "Note:"
and "See also:". Check the help jumps, too, which are underlined like links in a web browser.
- Look for appropriate keywords in the Help Index, and use the free-text search facility of the online help.
- If you do not know how a command in a pulldown menu operates, press the F1 key when
the corresponding command is highlighted. This will open the help page for this command or
- If you do not find a command, use the Help Index (Index tab on
the Match! Application Help window) to get an alphabetic list of search items.
- Visit the Match! web page at
https://www.crystalimpact.de/match/index.html. Among other information, there is
a page where you can download
the latest versions (updates) of online help files, sample files, and software
patches for the executables.
If these hints do not give you an answer or if the trouble is caused by an error in the
software (a "bug"), you can either
Please describe how the bug can be reproduced as detailed as possible, and attach
possibly required files (e.g. diffraction data)!