New Diamond Version 4.6.5
April 20, 2021
A minor update 4.6.5 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version corrects several bugs:
- The following bugs have been resolved:
For details, see the "Known Bugs" page.
- POV-Ray preview or export:
Warning messages "Parse warning: Should have at least 2 objects in csg..." were thrown, if polyhedra were used that did not have edges (i. e. faces/polygons with edge width zero).
- POV-Ray: The 2D position of the structure (i. e. the deviation of the 2D projection of the rotation center from the centerpoint of the drawing area) was not considered. (This kind of shift is usually made with the "Move/Shift" command or is a result of the "Adjust structure" or "Automatic adjustment" function. The position can be checked in "Picture/Orientation and Position".)
- POV-Ray: In some cases a wrong color was used when an object had the option "Use background color as fill or line color".
- POV-Ray: Mixed sites sector representation was not supported. (Solid spheres appeared instead.)
- The special H-bond settings "Hydrogen atom position is required", "A...H distance range", and "D-H...A angle range" were not stored in the Windows registry.
Thus you could not make your special values permanent.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.