New Diamond Version 4.6.4
September 17, 2020
A minor update 4.6.4 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version corrects several bugs:
- The following improvement has been made:
- Copy/Paste of a structure picture: Up to now this required the same structure for source and target picture.
Now it works also for crystal structures that are similar, that means have the same space group, the cell parameters
fit with the target space group and the atomic parameters have the same number of atoms but slightly deviating coordinates.
(The atoms are expected to appear in the same order.)
- The following bugs have been resolved:
For details, see the "Known Bugs" page.
- Reflections not scaled to Imax=1000 even when forced to do in the "Powder Pattern Settings" dialog.
- Sometimes missing blanks between column items when exporting a table to PRN format.
- In some cases "Create H..A bonds" (from table of H-bond parameters) did not find/create H..A (acceptor) bonds.
- Changing the journal coden in the "Structure/Bibliographic Data" dialog ("Publication" page) did not update the journal full name in the data sheet.
- In the "New Structure Assistant", some errors appeared when entering a "molecular" (non-crystal) structure.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.