New Match! version 3.9.0
December 12, 2019
When creating the new Match! version 22.214.171.124 we have paid special
attention especially to user friendliness. Several functions like peak searching, marking unidentified peaks,
working with user-defined settings files etc. have been significantly improved.
In addition, the new version provides fixes for all currently known bugs.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- The search-match calculation based on marked peaks has been significantly improved.
- New graphics option "Show uncorrelated peaks" displays a light-orange rectangle in the background of those experimental peaks that have not been assigned to identified phases yet. The width of the rectangles corresponds to the peak correlation window (which can be adjusted in the Search-Match options).
- New / modified keyboard shortcut: "View / Pattern / Uncorrelated peaks" = <Ctrl+Shift+K>
- The peak searching has been improved.
- The command "Peak search" is now also present on top of the "Peaks" menu, in addition to the "Pattern / Peak searching" sub menu.
- The saving and loading of settings to/from files has been improved significantly:
- You can now load one of the 10 most recently used settings sets (files) from the "Options/Load recent settings..." menu.
- It is also possible to load one of these recently used settings sets (files) by clicking on the "drop down" button to the right of the "Options" button in the toolbar.
- Finally, you can load or save the current settings to a file, by clicking on the "drop down" button to the right of the "Options" button in the toolbar and selecting the corresponding command.
- The minimum value for the parameter "Maximum number of candidate list entries" has been reduced from 1,000 to 100, in order to improve the performance on slow PCs with limited memory (RAM) capacity, e.g. when walking throught the candidate list. You can adjust this parameter at the top of the "Candidate list" tab of the "Options" dialog. The default (factory) value of this parameter is 10,000.
- You can now paste diffraction patterns that are given as text (not as graphics) data (e.g. a table from an Excel spreadsheet) in the clipboard as a new experimental diffraction pattern into the current document, by pressing or using the "Edit / Paste" command from the menu.
- It is now possible to export profile diffraction data of additional experimental patterns directly from their pattern menus.
- The "Find phases/entries" input line on the upper right-hand side has been replaced by a button showing a magnifying glass. Clicking on this button (as well as pressing <Ctrl+F>) will bring up a window in which you can enter the term you would like to search for.
- In the new "Find phases/entries" window, completions for the entered search phrase (mineral names) are suggested automatically, with an option for (somewhat slower) text fragment searching.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- Due to a bug, the program sometimes crashed e.g. when zooming in if logarithmic scaling of the intensity/counts axis was used by default.
- [Linux version only] On some Ubuntu 18.04 systems the program window was black due to some runtime library or graphics driver incompatibility issue.
- When clicking on some element group buttons (e.g. "A") in the periodic tabel (restraints tab), the changes were sometimes not applied to the Candidate list contents.
- The program crashed if the option "Mark first entry after search-match calculation" was active and Match! could not find any matching phases during the search-match calculation.
- A bug causing a corruption of some index files when adding entries to the current reference database has been fixed.
- Some minor bugs have also been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 126.96.36.199 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.