New Match! version 3.8.2
October 7, 2019
We have just released a new Match! version 188.8.131.52.
The new version provides some minor improvements as well as especially bug fixes.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- The peak searching algorithm has been improved in situations where a significant "amorphous hump" is present. In earlier versions, the curvature of the background in this area caused problems in the calculation of the noise.
- The profile fitting of manually marked peaks as well as the manual addition of peaks have been improved.
- The "Unify phases“-command works much faster by now.
- New "Options" menu (options and settings commands have been moved here from the "Tools" menu)
- In the "Indexing results" dialog you can now use the keyboard shortcuts <Ins> and <Del> to add or delete unit cell suggestions in the upper table.
- In the "Indexing results" dialog, for refined unit cells the original cell parameters are now displayed on the upper right-hand side when the corresponding line in the table of solutions (unit cells) is marked.
- The direction of the mouse wheel for zooming in or out of the diffraction pattern graphics has been reversed, in order to ensure compatibility with other applications. Rotating the wheel forward (i.e. away from you) now means "zoom in" (and vice versa).
- If more than a single experimental pattern is present and the mouse is placed on the right-hand side of the pattern graphics, you can now toggle between the full pattern distance and zero pattern distance by clicking the mouse wheel (center mouse button), in addition to increasing or decreasing the pattern distance using the mouse wheel.
- New COD Revision 218120 contains 409,390 entries (73,215 inorganics)
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [Windows version only] In certain circumstances (if unregistered or expired PDF databases were present), creating a newly installed and registered PDF database after automatic detection at program startup may have failed, leading to an error message "Selected PDF RDB product not found".
- [Windows version only]: The indexing of older PDF databases (releases before 2019) may stop at 79%, showing an error message like "Error when reading table tbl_Pressure".
- If a mixed wavelength (e.g. Cu Kalpha) was set, the Miller indices (hkl) displayed in the pattern graphics were wrong.
- The crystallite size standard was reset e.g. if the "Estimate crystallite size" dialog was closed and re-opened, or if peak data (like the FWHM) were edited.
- Leading zero intensity data points in a diffraction data file were ignored (trimmed).
- The fonts in the online help sometimes were too small (e.g. on macOS) and could not be resized e.g. using the "Zoom in/out" function.
- The online help did not open on Linux 64-bit.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 184.108.40.206 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.