New Diamond Version 4.1.3
February 22, 2016
A minor update 4.1.3 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version is a maintenance release
where some important bugs were fixed as well as some improvements were made:
- "Copy Graphics" command:
The context menu of the structure picture view now contains a new command "Copy
Graphics". This command copies only the graphics data - but unlike the general "Edit/Copy"
command (or Ctrl+C) not structure picture object data - to the Windows clipboard.
"Container applications", such as Microsoft Word for instance, then paste a bitmap
rather than a Diamond object (along with the graphics) when running Ctrl+V (or "Edit/Paste").
In flat (non-rendering) mode, Diamond additionally creates a Windows metafile object
in the clipboard.
- Important bug in Copy/Paste resolved:
When you ran the "Edit/Copy" command (or Ctrl+C) in Diamond to copy the structure
picture, pasting could result into a crash of Diamond and error messages in the
container application, e.g. Microsoft Word.
For more details, see our "Known Bugs" page.
- Several more bugs could be resolved:
- In some cases editing the atomic parameter list (and introducing mixed site components)
could cause Diamond to crash on some Build commands as well as with "Undo" and "Redo".
- Diamond was unable to open a diamdoc document after saving it in "Powder Pattern" view.
- The Properties pane could be invisible after running "View"/"Properties".
- The Properties pane's columns could shrink to zero width when doing expansion of
structure picture (and collapsing of data sheet/properties view).
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.