New Diamond Version 4.0.2
March 5, 2015
A maintenance release 4.0.2 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. In this new version several bugs have been fixed:
- In the "Create H-Bonds" dialog, the "Generic" setting did not work but only the
- In the "Expand" dialog, the checkboxes "Create D..A contacts from H-bond definitions"
and "Create H..A bonds" did not work.
- Invisible atoms at the invisible ends of broken-off bonds could remain as "zombies"
in the structure picture.
- In the "Broken-off Bonds" dialog, several bugs were resolved.
- Default designs of broken-off bonds, H-bonds, and contacts were not stored in Registry.
- Voronoi polyhedron function did not consider when atoms were disabled in the "Filter"
- Some errors in context with "Undo" and "Redo" were resolved.
- Some informations about pictures in the "Details" mode of the thumbnails preview
- The location of the POV-Ray executable often failed.
- "Save" dialog might not appear, if latest or working directory is a network path
For details, cf. our "Known Bugs" page.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.