New Diamond Version 4.0.1
November 10, 2014
A maintenance release 4.0.1 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. In this new version several bugs have been fixed:
- Running the "Undo" command after "Structure/Insert Atom" or another changing of
structural parameters caused Diamond to become instable, reporting error messages
and sooner or later to crash.
- "Tools/Mouse Wheeling/Bond Radii": Bonds with style "thin" were not considered
as well as bonds being "thick" but having very small radii, e.g. 0.005 Angstroem or lower.
- "Tools/Mouse Wheeling/Pump Up Or Shrink" could cause trouble or system hang-up.
- Printing was not available for diffraction diagram and distances histogram in the "Properties" pane.
- "Zoom" and "Track" did not work in the diffraction diagram.
For details, cf. our "Known Bugs" page.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.